English lessons and services at The Ochota English Pages
Originally from New York State, I have been living in Poland and teaching English here for 18 years. I studied at the State University of New York in English language and literature, then developed my pedagogical know-how at the Stairway School of English in Krakow, where I gained a strong theoretical background and extensive practical training as a teacher of English as a foreign language. Thanks to that background, I can help you build confidence in your pronunciation and to write and speak with greater clarity, precision and expressive power.
I teach at and help run the Ochota English Pages on Wlodarzewska Street, near Park Szczesliwicki. We have gone to great lengths to create a comfortable school with a warm environment and flexible scheduling. The school specializes in individual and small group lessons for professionals, language enthusiasts, adults and teens. We take educating our students very seriously, and write our own teaching materials. This guarantees that our students’ problems are properly addressed—and our students are having some fun. That’s in addition to whatever you want to do better in English: pass an exam, increase your vocabulary, improve your command of phrasal verbs, or speak appropriate English in a business setting.
My experience includes working as an editor, translator and teacher in Warsaw’s tech industry. There I help people give clearer, more powerful presentations in English and to write better, clearer, more coherent and convincing materials. I have also worked as a translator and English language editor for the Cracow University of Economics Press, the University of Warsaw, UOKiK, CodiLime and deepsense.ai here in Warsaw.
The Ochota English Pages in a nutshell:
21 good reasons to take lessons with us
1. We’re a small, friendly, neighborhood school where students feel comfortable and relaxed
(Ulica Wlodarzewska 68/4, a stone’s throw from Park Szczesliwicki)
2. I genuinely enjoy teaching English, including writing and grammar
3. I’m an educated native speaker of English
4. I have 18 years’ experience teaching English in Poland
5. I have experience teaching every level, from absolute beginner to post-proficiency
6. I design my own materials to address the problems Polish people have with English
7. We revise. We revise. We revise.
8. Yes, of course we offer conversation courses
9. I will correct you—until you can correct yourself based on what you have learned.
10. Pronunciation is a focus in EVERY class
11. A or the? Another or the other? Possibility or ability? Few or a few? With us you’ll learn which to choose, and you’ll know precisely why.
12. I have studied Polish and work as a written Polish-English translator
13. I have worked in the tech industry and government offices as a teacher, editor and translator
14. I can help you improve your presentations in English
15. I can help you improve the writing you may need to do at work
16. We have free parking at the school
17. We’ll make you coffee or tea at every class.
18. We’ll tell some really bad jokes and some pretty good stories.
19. You can borrow good books from our library
Before we begin I will do a three-part placement test to determine your level and show me how well you write, speak, and identify proper grammar. We’ll give you a free trial lesson to help you decide if we’re a good fit for you.
We issue invoices, report to the urzad skarbowy and pay ZUS.
The Ochota English Pages