IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING ME
Individual Students / Small Groups / Companies that would like to work with me directly:
• Please include the following in your message: preferred location, time of day and # of x's per week.
• I work exclusively on contract, which includes a cancellation and payment policy.
• I negotiate all contract details, including hourly rate, in person (not via email/phone).
• I will carry out a full needs analysis before providing an offer at this initial meeting.
• I only give "free trial lessons" to companies that are considering long-term, large-scale cooperation.
Schools / Third-Party Training Organizations
• My hourly rate is listed - if you don't plan on meeting my financial expectations, please don't contact me.
Despite being extremely competent and knowledgeable in their respective fields of business, many of the professionals I meet at international companies often seem to rely on English language skills that are inadequate to meet the many challenges that they face. This can have a negative impact on their productivity as well as put a strain on their business relations, with miscommunication between business partners (clients or colleagues) potentially leading to unnecessary anxiety and frustration.
I believe that, in order to improve this situation, learners must practice the business communication skills appropriate to their own specific work context, while, at the same time, increasing their awareness of the ways in which both communication strategies and intercultural factors can affect the outcome of a given event. In order to do this, I base my courses on relevant, work-related tasks which learners plan for, perform, and then receive feedback on, with the aim of developing both their language knowledge and skills in the process.
I have made my clients’ more effective communicators by teaching small-group and one-to-one lessons, with managers as well as staff, at both international and Polish firms in industries including IT/software development, real estate, insurance, pharmaceuticals, car rental, and law. I do all I can to ensure high-quality course delivery by tailoring goals to meet learner needs and then helping my clients to achieve them in the most efficient way possible.
I can provide a full needs analysis of your business communication issues. Please contact me if you would like to find out more.
Education, Qualifications, Experience:
• Trinity College London CertIBET (Certificate in International Business English Training)
• Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• Hunter College (CUNY) - Bachelor of Arts in History - European History major / German minor
• The Catholic University of Lublin - 400 hours of intensive Polish language study (B2)
• Jagiellonian University - 120 hours of intensive Polish language study (B1)
• Hunter College (CUNY) - 100 hours of introductory Polish (A1/A2)
Seven years of experience teaching English as a foreign language.